Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 3 of 21

Woah. Not a good day in the GF/DF world of me. Breakfast was good. GF Rice Chex and Almond Milk. Very good. Off to church I went. Had some fruit at church, then didn't eat again until 9:00pm tonight... Another bowl of Chex which I chased with some blueberries. I had to go to the old apartment to clean and finish packing the garage. Didn't plan on being there for 7 hours, but that's how long it took. I did stumble upon some Beef Jerky and Trail Mix from a road trip earlier in the week and was so hungry I decided to give it a try. Instantly I had intense heart burn, and my stomach and chest felt like they were turning inside out. What the? I'm experiencing this first-hand and it's hard for me to believe. After cleaning I went to Fresh N' Easy. Walked every aisle and couldn't find anything I could eat without a lot of preparation. And since I am currently couch surfing with none of my own kitchen stuff - I walked out empty handed and returned to the comfort of those Rice Chex. Grateful for those!

Yesterday wasn't much better. Chex in the morning... packing, loading, and unloading, then In N' Out AGAIN at 4:30. Didn't want to In N' Out again, but wasn't sure what else to do on the go. Went with some friends to a movie. One brought fresh baked cookies - so I went over to Starbucks. And got a Raw Bar. GF/DF, but sent me flyin' to Target for Benadryl. Swollen throat and tongue on fire. Now what? I'm suspecting the pecans and walnuts, or possibly the natural spices.

Not digging the tone of this blog so far... I do trust it's going to get better! I'm going to soon have a place to put food... then I will buy... then I will plan... then I will discover great things, feel good, and maybe even offer some help to someone who's a a step or two behind where I am.

Right now, though, I am just hungry. Looking forward to some Rice Chex in the morning. :)

No comments: