Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 4 of 21

So far, I've talked a lot about the struggle to find food I can eat. But I wanted to jot down a quick update on how I'm actually feeling without gluten and dairy in my life. While I do realize it takes a full 21 days to clean up my system, I am certainly already noticing a difference in my good ol' gut. I was surprised the other day after eating when I realized my stomach felt full, but not FULL. I've gotten very used to this feeling that somebody had backed up a cement truck and poured a patio in my gut just about every time I ate. I guess I just felt like that was the alternative to a growling tummy. Crazy now, not feeling that way after I eat. In addition to the lack of heaviness in my gut, I feel as though it's almost stretched out or lengthened... not on the outside, I know my torso has not lengthened, although that would be great? What can I not eat to make my legs longer?

Anyway, all of that being said - I can't deny there is a connection. I know there is always a relationship between what we eat and how we feel. But, beyond that, I'm becoming convinced that I may actually have a legitimate reaction or sensitivity to this stuff I'm now avoiding. Not too thrilled about the lifetime ramifications of this discovery... But will remain motivated by feeling good. Tomorrow between work and class I just might buy some groceries. That will be good.

No comments: