Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 8 of 21

Well it has been a few days since I have written, I guess that's because I have just been too busy feeling good. I finally got settled in to my new place and bought some groceries. What a difference that has made!

I am now enjoying gluten free rice chex with blueberries and almond milk every morning for breakfast. I will switch that up soon, but I'm happy with it for now. Lots of fresh veggies and fruit throughout the day, delicious salads, nuts (sans pecans and walnuts since they seem to send me into an allergic fit), and a treat of gluten free dairy free organic fair trade dark chocolate here and there. :) I've also fallen in love with those yummy little clementines that are everywhere right now. I need to add more protein, but I will get there.

The combination of consistently climbing 3 days a week, taking the thyroid supplement, and avoiding gluten and dairy finally has my body feeling "right". I feel stronger, I'm sleeping better (falling asleep fast and not waking up at all until morning) and my formerly tortured tummy feels "clean". One thing I was afraid of going in to this is the amount of time it takes to prepare food to have with me (slicing and packing veggies, making salads, etc.)While it does take more time than grabbing something on the go, or throwing some processed frozen item in the microwave - I'm actually quite enjoying the time. I'm a caretaker by nature, that often neglects my own needs... So as I chop cucumbers and package blueberries and slivered almonds for the day - it feels really good to take care of me... Self-nurturance, self-care, it's a powerful thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Erika. Very proud of you. Dad

Kristy said...

Plain coconut yogurt is a delicious addition to those yummy clemetines :)
- kristy lindsay