Saturday, January 31, 2009

Update

In roughly 24 days, I will be back on the road returning to California. Praise the Lord!

The only thing God showed me going into this season was that it would be temporary.... And Hallelu to the jah that it is! Surprisingly enough I am heading back to San Diego. An offer came virtually out of nowhere while I was just beginning to feel some solid clarity about the desires God has placed in my heart and it all lines up! In spite of how difficult this season has been, I can look back and say with gratitude that it has all made sense. God is good.

I've accepted a position as Life Development Pastor at a church called Grace. It's an old church going in a new direction, and I am in love with the vision God has given our Pastor (Tim Scott). I am excited for the opportunity to both be in a position that is a fit for how I'm made, but also in a position that will be a challenge and hold huge opportunity for growth. The heart, the pace, the personalities, it is all such a fit. I adore, Tim, Kimberly, their amazing kids, and I am looking forward to getting to know their team and the people of Grace.

I am so excited to be back in full time ministry. I am so excited to abandon this feeling of living someone else's life... but again grateful for the clarity that has brought. I am so blown away by God's love and leadership.

I am also grateful for EastLake Church and the great relationships that are very dear to my heart - and we get to do life together again! I am grateful for what I learned at EastLake... and how we will continue to partner in ministry to help people in San Diego find and follow Jesus Christ. I am grateful that Mike is great leader and that he has been involved in this process. We are on the same team - God's Kingdom team... And that makes it so fun to explore our next best steps in life and in ministry.

Over the past 6 months God has afforded me the opportunity to spend some very important moments with my family. Personally, I have had some major ups, and some major downs... honestly mostly downs... but I have learned to not despise the valley. It is there that we find passages of intimacy with Christ. It is there, in our desperation for Him, that He shows up - and right when we need it gives us a clear picture of who He is and who we are. He leads us... God is so incredibly faithful. We can trust Him when it doesn't make sense. We can rely on Him even when we question whether or not He is there. Because HE IS. It is so easy to become overwhelmed by the temporary, but God operates in the eternal. His plan is so much greater than what we can see. And He is so, so good... When we walk with Him, He gives us the desires of our hearts. Trust Him.

My friends in San Diego, I will see you soon!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you! And now I can still come see you in San Diego! :) Is your dad helping with the cross country move again??? haha. We are hoping to make a cross country move again this summer!

Tracey said...

YAY! Your time in Chicago was valuable for a few reasons and you are definitely a different and more confident person because of it. I look so forward to your life here in S.D. Your moving away made both of us realize how important our friendship is and I am so thrilled we will get more time together not just on the phone! See ya very soon.

Jolene said...

So good to here, Erika! I can here your heart to truly follow after God and it gives me inspiration! It's never an easy road, that's for sure. Hang in there and continue the journey!

Jolene said...

Sorry for the wrong use of hear! What a dork I am!

tollibaa said...

Sad to hear you're leaving me here in 'ghetto narnia' (hahaha that still cracks me up) but I am so, so, so happy for you!

Ben Sigman said...

Erika,

I am very happy for you and for the people who are going to blessed by your ministry at Grace Church.